Tuesday, February 15, 2011

WIDTW #2

Before this whole thing started there was a room. Dank and dark and musty, but it stored all the things that you saw in the last post.

I moved all the stuff into the room next door, tore the walls down....
Then Cal rebuilt them. Over Thanksgiving, Sus and Alex, Liv and Dennis put up the dry wall and the first layer of mud. Over the next several months I managed to finish the mudding. then I laid the tile and finally primed it. Took me a really long time to get motivated to do ALL that.
This weekend, I painted it, hung the door and...
Filled it again. The hardest part was moving that 7 foot-tall stainless steel unit from the garage, down the stairs, and into the room. Did I say it is on wheels? Turned out to be pretty exciting once I got it unjammed out of the stair well--that bugger is heavy!! The second hardest was moving 20 plus ammo boxes full of brass and lead. Dropped one of them on my foot...

1 comment:

Liv said...

It looks great mom, nice job! And the cool part is that you've gone through all of that stuff twice now, so its only what you need/want, and you don't have to look at it again for 20 more years. =) The floors are beautiful.